× Welcome to the Dental Nurse Network forum!

We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Hospital work

7 years 11 months ago #7339 by Ekw
Hi there

I am a senior dental nurse working in hospital and I can assure you I do plenty. I am surprised vibebl by your post have you worked in hospital?
All our patients in my department are referred in and either won't or can't be seen by their GDP. It's true we see less patients in a day but we spend longer periods with them. I can spend 30mins just coaxing a child in to the chair I've had some of the most challenging and abusive children and teens I've ever met in the 15 years I've been nursing but the knowledge that at the end when you've managed to get them out of pain using sedation or taking them to theatre makes it worth it when they say thank you or say sorry. Like practice we work late and take emergencies even at 5pm when they walk in crying I've seen myself put the lights back on and the chair down again and have left hours later than I should. I appreciate everyone's opinions but your comment had no reason for your thought.

Hilltop if your interested in hospital work you don't need to do any other training just look on the NHS recruitment site for jobs.
Good luck.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Figueiredo, SmilingDCP

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 5 hours ago #7338 by Figueiredo
Hospital Dental nurses don´t do much ... few patients a day, pay rate is good and you can do courses with them.

8 years 18 hours ago #7337 by Hilltop
Hi all,
I work in an NHS dental practice. I am intrigued as to whether any of you dental nurses
Out there have ever become hospital dental nurses or even changed you career completely by
Trying out hospital theatre assistant?
Are these options possible to obtain as I am not too great at exams or theory?

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New