× Welcome to the Dental Nurse Network forum!

We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Should I return to dental nursing?

8 years 2 weeks ago #7316 by JulesHS
Hi Pongie

I'm new to this site as of 10 minutes ago :)

You are in the same boat as me. I qualified back in 1988 and left the profession in 2002 to have my family. I have recently taken the plunge and enrolled on a course to re qualify. Ok.... a lot you will already know however there is a lot of new learning too. So far loving it. BUT trying to find a job is the most challenging thing at the moment. If Dental Nursing is where your heart lies then take that step. I doubt you will regret it.

GOOD LUCK

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 2 weeks ago #7312 by AmyHoward
Yes 100%. I know of some great ways to get yourself started and back in the game! let me know if you would like some more information

8 years 2 weeks ago #7311 by pongie
Hi all, I am new to this forum and would appreciate feedback/advice anyone can offer. I qualified as a dental nurse back in 1991 and worked in a variety of private/nhs surgeries as well as NHS community/hospital services. I loved the job, especially the community work. I left the profession in 2000 after having children and have a new career which I am no longer enjoying and would like to return to the dental world! I know that the profession has changed over the years so can anyone give me a heads up on the registration/CPD requirements and how this is included in the role. I am contemplating applying for a part time dental receptionist role in a practice that I know well but am nervous of the risk of giving up a reasonably secure job so I would need to think seriously before applying.
Many thanks :cheer:

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New