× Welcome to the Dental Nurse Network forum!

We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Maxillofacial and ortho nursing.

8 years 2 weeks ago #7301 by sophomoreslump8
thank you much :-) I had maxillofacial surgery a few years back - lots of ortho, both upper and lower jaws broken etc and it was the best decision I ever made. It really fascinated me and made me want to (how totally cliche) help change peoples lives. Because that's what it did for me. xx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 2 weeks ago #7300 by ambarose
Hi I work in that department and I am only qualified as a dental nurse. I saw the job advertised online and just applied. I
In our department we are mainly dental nurses with a handful of nurses.

8 years 2 weeks ago #7298 by sophomoreslump8
Hey, this has been so helpful! I was always under the impression that you needed to to have an actual nurse qualification to work in theatres, and that you couldn't just do it dental nursing.

Thanks so much for your help!

8 years 2 weeks ago #7287 by Ekw
Hi there

I work in theatre in my job and most jobs like mine you need to be working in a hospital setting such as a dental hospital. Where I work it's a dental hospital but we use another hospital for their theatre.
You would need to apply for a post for a nurse in an oral surgery department to but you could find you'd move around the other departments from time to time. I'm a senior in a paeds department but we use theatre time to do many different list such as oral surgery lists. Look on your nhs recruitment sites.

Good luck.

8 years 2 weeks ago - 8 years 2 weeks ago #7285 by sophomoreslump8
I was wondering whether any of you know how I could get into maxillofacial surgery / oral surgery. Like nursing in theatres during operations etc?

I would greatly appreciate ANY help at all.

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New