× Welcome to the Dental Nurse Network forum!

We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

New to nursing

8 years 4 days ago #7269 by Funtimefrankie
Thank you, i guess i know myself really. The dentist is very good and trains well from what ive seen so far, he just seems to be very impatient if i dont get things right the first time and if i dont remember things after he's told me once... its not that im not listening he's just telling me a lot of stuff that i know nothing about so its not all sinking in right away.... maybe its his tactics to scare me into remembering i dont know haha x

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 4 days ago #7268 by Ekw
Hi there

For someone who's just been in training a little over a week I would not be too hard on yourself at all. Do you have a mentor or your senior nurse with you? You've just started and you should be encouraged,, there's nothing wrong with criticism as long as it helps you improve your technique.
Suctioning can be a little fiddly we have all been there being in the wrong place, too far back etc it takes practice and be confident with it, the cheeks pullmore than you think don't be afraid to get the cheek retracted it can be helpful to use a mirror also to retract to make it easier to move your auction when you need to.

There are a lot of nurses here with many years under us so ask away! There's never a silly question.

Good luck!.

8 years 4 days ago #7266 by Funtimefrankie
Hello everyone, i hope I've posted correctly. Anyway I'm new to the forum and also to dental nursing :) obviously im a trainee and have been at my practice just over a week. Anyway im feeling a bit rubbish, the dentist seems to expect me to remember everything he has told me this past week, as you can imagine its such a lot of info to process and im trying really hard but i dont feel like im good enough :( they've told me today im not good at suction. Am i being to hard on myself or should i be good straight away haha... and does anyone have any general tips to help me along?

Thank you
The following user(s) said Thank You: Figueiredo

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New