× Welcome to the Dental Nurse Network forum!

We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Mouthwash Tablets in the Surgery

8 years 2 months ago #7164 by susmita
Thank you all for your responses.

I have just made space in one of the cupboards to keep the pre-prepared mouthwash cups to last for few days.

:) :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 2 months ago #7159 by Teesey
yes I make up enough to cover my day and then leave top cup empty and take from the bottom
I don't have a wall dispenser at present.

8 years 2 months ago #7157 by BevG71
In our 2nd surgery we do not have a dispenser either so we keep our cups with the tablet in in a closed cupboard.

8 years 2 months ago #7152 by SmilingDCP
If you have a cupboard to store them then great, if not, then maybe have enough prepared for a couple of days, keep the top cup empty and use from the bottom up?
You could ask for a dispenser, or spray. Alternatively, just prepare enough for the day when you are setting up in the morning and keep spare tablets at hand if required.

We have a dispenser, I usually keep 20 cups prepared at a time, but I always keep the top cup empty.

8 years 2 months ago #7149 by susmita
This concern has been bothering me ever since I started working in my current practice.
We use mouthwash tablets for patients to rinse their mouth however we do not have a cup dispenser and we usually pre-fill the disposable cups for few days/a week in advance.
My concern is, Is this method hygienic or not or if we do not have a cup dispenser is it better to use mouthwash spray to be sprayed before each patient.??

Many thanks in advance!
:) :) :)

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New