× Welcome to the Dental Nurse Network forum!

We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Charting a baseline

8 years 3 months ago #7048 by SmilingDCP
Hi again!

I had an interview at a practice yesterday and they use Pearl as well! They said there are video tutorials online for the software.

www.pearldentalsoftware.com/tutorials.html

Hope this helps! :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 3 months ago #7018 by Teesey
Hi there jmoss

not sure if it helps but ive been a dental nurse since the 80s on and off and have used paper and then with time conversion to computer I have been lucky to have used various dental systems ie R4, sfd and now wysdom and with all systems that I have used we have always charted a baseline with all patients as you have to have a starting base with the mouth as is when you see them and then plan accordingly when things need changing etc.

hope this helps

8 years 4 months ago #7016 by jmoss
Yes thats what I thought as thats how we would do it on paper. But on an email from pearl about going paperless it said about charting a baseline to show what is in the patients mouth when they first visit.

8 years 4 months ago #7015 by SmilingDCP
Sounds like Pearl is like an upgrade to how we would chart manually. So existing dentition and restorations on baseline, then treatment to be carried out on the line above or below. So defects etc are classed as 'to be carried out'.

:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: jmoss

8 years 4 months ago #7014 by sophomoreslump8
I use pearl too, and although we still chart on the paper cards (as not enough info for the my particularly fussy dentist is on Pearl) but I have played around with it. What you're doing is how we do it but if teeth are chipped etc which can be treated- we out them on the tmt plan. 1 above the baseline as to be carried out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jmoss

8 years 4 months ago #7012 by jmoss
We have just started charting on the pc in surgery (Pearl dental software)

When you chart a baseline, do you chart the defects too? We have been charting a baseline and then creating a treatment plan to chart the proposals and defects.

I know you may use different software, but the basic principal should be the same.

I am not sure if the baseline should show exactly what the pts mouth is like when we first see them.

thanks

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New