× Welcome to the Dental Nurse Network forum!

We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Refreshments in surgery

1 year 4 months ago - 1 year 4 months ago #9415 by unflappable
I drink tap water using a disosable plastic beaker. Since the covid panic has subsided I no longer worry too much about aerosols.
In the summertime I also bring in frozen water bottles which cool you to hold and to sip from.
This summer I was so hot no one would dare to tell me where I should or should not place my little lifesaver.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 7 months ago #9393 by LocumJess
Hey, this is years later I’m aware.
I’m working at a practice who won’t let me have a sealed bottle of water in either and the next available room is the other side of the building. It’s so hot and I don’t want to be without water.
Did you ever find an answer to this?

8 years 3 months ago #6994 by SmilingDCP
Wow thats really quite harsh!! I've never had an employer refuse me my right to have water throughout the day! I always keep a bottle of water in the room and have a quick sip between patients, even my dentist does. And to dock wages or time in lieu is so unreasonable. If that was happening to me, I'd raise a formal complaint, especially if it was affecting my health. The other option of course is to find a nicer place to work where the employer is a bit more humane.

8 years 3 months ago #6991 by HRussell
Oh my goodness your poor colleague, surely your employer can't do this. This persons health is suffering.
We have always had drinks in surgery, the dentists always do.
Isn't there anyone you can go to about this?

8 years 3 months ago #6977 by Maisyandmoo
Hi all,

A colleague of mine has been having numerous problems with kidney infections over the last few months. Her GP believes she is suffering so much because she does not drink enough.

The problem is our employer will not allow us to have any drinks in the surgery and if we leave to get a drink we have time deducted from our lieu time.. Firstly is there anything in htm which says no to drinks, secondly is there anything in employment law which prevents the employer from allowing drinks and taking time back.

It seems crazy her health is being affected over being allowed to have some water..

Many thanks,

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New