× Welcome to the Dental Nurse Network forum!

We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Returning after 10 years

8 years 7 months ago #6905 by Jellybean
Hi there

I don't know if this will be of any help but I work for a practice and I do not have to insure myself.
I'm sure if you picked the right agency they would ensure you got some work but that is something you should maybe discuss with them to make sure it is worth it? I expect the agency would send you here there and every where so it could be worth sending some CVs a little further afield?
I expect things have changed in the last 10 years but I doubt it would take you long to pick it up! A lot of it would be the same principle I am sure!

Good luck :dry:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 7 months ago #6903 by Robocop
Hello, I left dental nursing 10 years ago as I worked with some arrogant and nasty dentists that liked to push, kick and humiliate their nurses. My child has just started school, we have moved area, and I thought it would be a good time to return to nursing. I am qualified, but not insured. I have so far tried to practices in our area, with no luck. A dental agency have told me they won't help me, until I am insured.
I am worried as I have been out of the role for a long time, even if I paid, what if I don't get any work. Seems a waste. Do the dental practice usually cover this cost or is it down to the individual? Anyone In a similar position? Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New