× Welcome to the Dental Nurse Network forum!

We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

COSHH

8 years 4 months ago #6986 by kittykat
I print out the safety data sheets and then have a risk assessment template on the computer which I complete for every item. I then pop both in a plastic sleeve and into a folder. It took forever to set up but now I add to it as I order new materials and do an annual check too.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Teesey

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 5 months ago #6957 by Teesey
Thanks Judith

Do you know if it is sufficient for CQC to have all the safety data sheets printed out for all relevant material that we have in our stock room
and put into a folder under the relevant hazards? or do we have to sit for hrs and type up our own data sheets OMG im gonna crack lol

8 years 5 months ago #6948 by Jude1
Have a look on the material safety data sheet that arrives with the product when you ordered it. If this is not available contact the supplier as they will be able to give you the COSHH details.
I hope this helps a little, good luck this is a bigger task than many people realise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SmilingDCP

8 years 6 months ago #6922 by Teesey
I am in a situation where I have been asked to pull all coshh related items from the surgery and stock room and list all ingredients and symbol up what item is. Some things I know, but is there a site i can go to that would elaborate more, I have been to the HSE site but it doesn't cover dentistry.

any help would be great

8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #6898 by kittykat
I use the HSE website for general guidance and have developed a risk assessment sheet for each substance detailing things like
- risk
- precautions
- training
-storage

www.hse.gov.uk/coshh/
The following user(s) said Thank You: JGill, SmilingDCP

8 years 7 months ago #6888 by JGill
does anybody know a good website or information packs regarding coshh within the dental practice as CIL I am trying to update our coshh paperwork and could do with guidance as to the correct procedures. thanks :)

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New