× Welcome to the Dental Nurse Network forum!

We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Decon/cross infection

8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #6899 by kittykat
Reusable cloths are definitely a no-no, microfibre are OK to reuse but must be cleaned after every use . Here it is straight out of HTM 01-05:

6.61 The patient treatment area should be cleaned after every session using disposable cloths or clean microfibre materials – even if the area appears uncontaminated.

This is what HTM says about surface cleaning:

6.67 Cleaning centres on simple techniques using disposable cloths wetted with clean water and a detergent.

It goes on to say that blood spillages should be treatment with a hypochlorite solution.

In our practice we use disposable wipes with a two in one clean and disinfect action.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 7 months ago #6883 by Jonesy
Hi

I have just gone back to work after my maternity leave and they have implemented some new changes.
One of them is we have to clean the surgery once a day with bleach and a reusable microfibre cloth. I vaguely remember reading some time back that bleach shouldn't be used and if the way forward is disposable why are we reusing a cloth to clean?
I can't find any literature regarding these changes so was wondering if anyone can shed light on this. I don't want to do things blindly without facts.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New