× Welcome to the Dental Nurse Network forum!

We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Help... X-Ray Machine

8 years 7 months ago #6874 by Katie_B
I work with a nurse who leaves it switched on all day but when I was training we were told that best practice is for it to be off.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 7 months ago #6847 by sophomoreslump8
No problem x

8 years 7 months ago #6846 by Rpat7072
Thanks for your reply, was very helpful. x

8 years 7 months ago #6844 by sophomoreslump8
I turn it off and face the collumator away from where we are working but I too am paranoid and I know someone that couldn't get pregnant because of this- and 2 other people in the surgery had the same problem and they think its to do with radiation.
I would err on the side of caution and bring it up with your dentist and explain what you think. Or, if you on on any radiation CPD courses ask them, because they'll tell you for sure.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rpat7072

8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #6843 by Rpat7072
I was wondering if anyone could advise me or point me in the right direction for some advice.
We have a dentist that doesn't like to have the X-Ray machine turned off which means the XRAY machine is on standby all day. The nurse has concerns as to whether they would be any radiation leaking or in future if she becomes pregnant would this cause any harm?
The xray machines are checked yearly but it is harmful to be sat in the room with the machine on all day
Thank you in advance :dry:

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New