× Welcome to the Dental Nurse Network forum!

We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

training

8 years 7 months ago #6877 by DrSingh
AcePace Training is NEBDN accredited course in Morden, South West of London.
You can visit their website for more information: acepacetraining.co.uk

You can also give them a quick call to speak to their advisors for upcoming seats that are available September. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 7 months ago #6875 by Katie_B
I currently have an apprentice on a City and Guilds course. She usually does one full day every two weeks at college and has to be observed a few times during the course. If you go to City and Guilds website and type dental nursing in the search it will list the courses and the venues near you where they are offered. I'm finding it to be a very good course. Much more in depths than my 9 year old National!

8 years 8 months ago #6841 by Christina.1984
I also trained with Dentrain. Correspondence course.
The good points are that you can study when it's convenient rather than traveling to classes, but this means the trainee needs to have the self discipline to spend time studying at home and getting a colleague or mentor at work to go through things when needed.
I didn't struggle with that, even in a busy practice just 10 minutes going through forceps with the dentist or asking another nurse about materials helped a lot.
Also the work that Dentrain set for you has weekly timeframes for completion, so provided you follow that you would not get behind.

They didn't send tutors to watch you work, which is what some of the colleges do, I think that can be a little bit disruptive in a busy work environment (Not that a good dental nurse can't handle a bit of disruption!) Instead there was a practical exam and a written exam alongside the ROE (Record of Experience) basically a log book of what treatments you have assisted.

I would recommend them!

8 years 8 months ago #6835 by vitamarina
Hi, waterloo academy in central london training dental nurses.high pass rates, very friendly, supportive quallified tutors.for more info check their wedsite.good luck.

8 years 8 months ago #6829 by KellyMarie7
I work in Hertfordshire but am on a course with temp dent who are based in London. I only needed to travel there for my exams so 3 days over a year. The course is completely online but you do need to be training as a nurse to take the course.

8 years 9 months ago #6822 by kiwiuk7
I used dentrain.net for my training - its distance training and the nurse would need to be training on the job to meet the requirements. Had no problems with my tutor or being able to contact someone if I needed help, passed both parts of the exam first time

8 years 9 months ago #6808 by scmichaels
Could you recommend the best training course to qualify as a Dental Nurse.
Can you recommend a training course in Hertfordshire or London

thank you
Dr Simon Michaels Dentist in Bovingdon

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New