× Welcome to the Dental Nurse Network forum!

We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

countersigning passports

8 years 11 months ago #6707 by smile4u2
as a dental nurse can we sign passports then?
i never knew haha

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 11 months ago #6658 by Allison
Yes Dee Dee the dentist did know the person as she is a patient of ours also. They would never countersign for someone they hadn't known for two years or more

8 years 11 months ago #6651 by rita6
i have often signed passports and driving licences for friends and family. The only one I have had a problem with is
Canadian passports. Their criteria for people signing is different. They would not accept my signature. But that was the only one.

9 years 1 day ago #6648 by Dee dee
Did the surgeon know this person?

9 years 1 day ago #6647 by Allison
Hi everyone,

Just a thought, don't know if everyone is up on this.

A colleague of mine had a friend come in to our practice asking for the dental surgeon to countersign her passport. The dentist agreed but there was a charge made.
That's fair enough but few of my fellow RDN's knew that we, as a professional body can countersign passports as long as we meet the criteria, eg knowing the person for two years or more.
One of my colleague's has just asked me to countersign for her daughter and I have known them all for over 8 years.
My point is, if you have a friend that needs this service, you can save them the cost of paying for it if you feel comfortable doing it for them.
The list the passport office gives doesn't include everyone but I have done it before with no problems.

As I say, it's just a thought and can save friends a bit of hard earned cash :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: ionagh1

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New