× Welcome to the Dental Nurse Network forum!

We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Joining BADN

8 years 11 months ago #6663 by Allison
Yes it's best to have own indemnity as you need it in writing that you have it for yourself from your practice. It is the best way to have own indemnity and to keep a record of your own cpd so you don't fall short.

At end of day it is our own responsibility. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 11 months ago #6662 by kittykat
Thanks all for your replies, I've made my mind up!

Dentalnurse5, I have my indemnity with dental protection and get my CPD from Dental Nursing Journal.

8 years 11 months ago #6659 by Sarah-@nn
I'm not with BADN anymore as when I needed advice I did not feel they were very helpful, I am covered by my employers indemnity but I chose to take my own as I felt it was a good idea to have my own just in case. I am covered by the Royal College of Nursing. Dental nurses can become members we are classed as health care assistants if you call them they can advise you, RCN also allows you to pay monthly which is better than paying a large lump sum like with BADN.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kittykat

8 years 11 months ago #6652 by jmoss
Allison,

I was told that even though your practice may provide everyone with indemnity, it is best to have your own in case the dispute is actually with your practice.

8 years 11 months ago #6643 by Allison
Hi,
I've been a BADN member for years but last year dropped the indemnity bit as my practice says they cover us all. I don't think the information they give is as good as the Dental Nursing mag and that comes monthly not quarterly by the way. Because of this I am deliberating whether to renew my membership or not. I have contacted them on occasion and feel they are not as approachable as I would have expected. Dare I say they seem more dentist orientated than dental nurse. I've got until the end of this month to make my decision.
By the way mossj1209 you can request a paper version of the mag to be sent rather than look at the online version.
Feel like I'm betraying them if I give up my membership, plus, are they on the cusp of fighting our corner for us?
It's horses for courses I'm afraid, maybe I expect too much :unsure:

9 years 3 days ago #6630 by jmoss
I am a member of BADN and have the full subscription.

I like to get stuff for my money, so was quite happy when they sent the little badge. However, they have moved the magazines to online versions and no longer send out the paper copy.

I find I only read the CPD parts now and dont bother read the rest because its too much faff.

Quite a lot of money for not much to be honest. I know they offer discounts but I have looked and wouldn't use any of them. If there was an option for indemnity only I would choose that instead, as apart from that and the free CPD, I don't really know what else the BADN offer for the subscription!

Hope that helps :)

9 years 4 days ago #6624 by Dentalnurse5
Hi,

May I ask where you got your indemnity from as I'm looking round at companies for this and also looking into where is best to get my cpd from (I.e badn magazines).

Thanks

9 years 1 week ago #6619 by kittykat
Hi, I'm thinking of joining the BADN (Ive already got indemnity, so just the basic membership) but I would like opinions of current or previous members first.
What do you think of the BADN , Do you think they do a good job of representing dental nurses ?
If you have been a member but decided not to renew your membership, why?
Thanks in advance :)

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New