× Welcome to the Dental Nurse Network forum!

We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Help!

9 years 1 week ago #6634 by jmoss
They have to put you on a training course within 2 years of you starting there.

Sounds like they just want to cheaply temporarily replace the girl on maternity leave.

I would look elsewhere for another job, this does not sound good!

Good luck :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 2 weeks ago #6608 by HRussell
I would definitely advise you to find another place to work.
If you are working as a dental nurse and not qualified your employer has to enrol you on a training course.

If things are not right now they may only get worse too, all this is ringing alarm bells to me.
Find another practice soon.

Hope it all works out ok :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: lamaick8

9 years 2 weeks ago #6607 by tladdy
Which practice are you at? Some practices have a reputation of doing that to nurses. Look for another job. :(
The following user(s) said Thank You: lamaick8

9 years 2 weeks ago #6606 by lamaick8
Hello

I have recently started working as a trainee dental nurse and I thoroughly enjoy it. However, since I started, I have come across numerous problems which makes me think that my job is not safe in regards to employment. For a start I was promised (and I expected) to be placed on to a Dental Nurse training course but my employer keeps putting it off. During my interview, I was told that I would be replacing a nurse that was due to go onto maternity leave and that my role would be permanent but when I started working, I was then told that the nurse would be coming back after a year. When I asked 'what will she be doing if I am nursing here?' the answer I got was 'I don't know' !! I cannot confide in any other staff members as I know that whatever I tell them goes back to my employer and that they know more than they let on. There are other problems too but I just would like some advice from other nurses. I feel that I should move on but also feel that as I am not on a course I won't find anywhere.

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New