× Welcome to the Dental Nurse Network forum!

We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

HolidaysHelp!

9 years 4 days ago #6581 by molargirl678
Hiya,

Do check your contract of employment, your employer needs to state clearly the conditions of your engagement as a trainee. You need to check if you are on what is called a 0 hour contract where they don't have to provide any work at all.

It isn't unusual to ask nurses to take time off at the same time as the dentist - this does happen a lot, I worked in a practice previously where the dentist would take two weeks in the summer and it was a good idea to take the same time where possible.

If you are concerned, do contact ACAS for independent employment advice. They can be really helpful.

Hope this helps, even just a little.

Don't let this put you off of dental nursing, it is a highly rewarding career and is totally worth the late nights, early mornings, puke on your top and saliva/bits of tooth in your hair because all the moments of brilliance and happy patients with better oral health outweigh all the bad stuff x
The following user(s) said Thank You: Allison, ruiff

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 4 days ago #6580 by Antonia91
Hi, I'm only a trainee and have recently started work. I was told if I use all my holidays and then the dentist takes two weeks off then I've not to go to work and therefore will not get paid for those two weeks.
Does anyone else find this unfair? Is it normal practice?
I have bills to pay so why if I'm perfectly fit for work should I be at home not earning!
It would put you off dental nursing

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New