× Welcome to the Dental Nurse Network forum!

We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Journals for Dental Nurses

9 years 1 month ago #6558 by cholena87
Hi Allison,

That's fab, thank you for the feedback! It's always useful to hear someone else's experience of an organisation, and even to get word of mouth as I'm starting totally fresh. I think I will give the Dental Nursing journal a go, then.

Thanks again!

Karen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 1 month ago #6552 by Allison
Hi Karen,

I subscribe to Dental Nursing and have done for a couple of years now. I think it is very informative and the CPD is excellent. It helped me through my first five year cycle without worrying about not completing the required amounts. I am now on track on my 2nd cycle.

As far as indemnity goes I am only covered by the practice I work for at the moment. I was with the BADN but when I needed help from them it was a complicated performance. I have heard a lot of nurses say that dental protection is better value and a better service, but again this is only what I have been told, I have no experience of them.

Hope this helps

Allison
The following user(s) said Thank You: cholena87

9 years 1 month ago #6527 by cholena87
Hello,

I've been having a look around online for journals relevant to Dental Nurses and other CPD options. I've came across one called "Dental Nursing" ( www.dental-nursing.co.uk/?gclid=CLzJkIy-k8QCFQyWtAod7xgArg ) which offers a monthly journal as well as online verifiable CPD. Has anyone tried this? Is it worth the money?

I have also been looking in to indemnity cover and wondering about the BADN vs. Dental Protection? I understand the BADN offers a quarterly journal as well as other benefits but I'm unsure about their status in terms of providing indemnity cover. I'm basically looking for the best value and best protection!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Karen
The following user(s) said Thank You: ruiff

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New