× Welcome to the Dental Nurse Network forum!

We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

BDA online radiography course

9 years 1 week ago #6633 by jmoss
What was it like going to another practice? Was it awkward? I have only ever worked in one dental practice so the thought of having to impose on another practice scares me!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 1 month ago #6567 by RRennie
I signed up to this course last year and passed. I couldnt fault the service of this BDA course. They email you on a weekly basis to make sure you are on track and allow you to take part in two mock exams to prepare you for the final exam. The practice I worked in didnt have an OPT machine but I arranged to take these through another practice, by emailing around. Orthoworld in Blackpool were very accomadating. I think its a brill course and would recommend it to any dental nurse.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jmoss

9 years 1 month ago #6524 by jmoss
I want to do this course but our practice does not have the panoramic machine. It says on the website that you have to do a few of these. Has anyone managed to do the course without it?

I work in a 1 surgery dental practice so we would not be getting one of those machines any time soon!

Thanks

9 years 1 month ago #6519 by Jodie112
Thanks for your replies. Theresa I don't have access to manual developing and I am now enrolled on the course. You apply through the BDA website. You just print the application form fill it out and send it back with payment and they confirm your place on the course.
Hope this helps :)

9 years 2 months ago #6504 by Teesey
Hi there

interesting topic here

I am looking to do some special duties side work as a dental nurse and was looking at the radiography course as I have been told that until I hold a radiography exam I am not able to set the exposure and press the button as I would effectively be the one that a claim would be made aganist if there was a patient issue.

So my question is-

Do you have to have access to manual developing to do the course? as I work for a one man surgery who is fully digital and know of no other surgery locally that manually dips xrays anymore??

How do I apply to take the BDA radiography course

Thanks
Theresa

9 years 2 months ago #6499 by Twiki
Hi

I did the course and sat the exam last year. I think i did ok with the course, could have done with maybe a one day face to face, but just study study study. i recorded the lectures on an app on my phone so i could listen to them - should have done it in the first half of the course so when your 8 weeks are up for access i still had it to listen to - but never mind!! Passed the mock and the main exam!

i asked a couple times if they needed print outs of the x-rays to support the portfolio but they said no.
Im glad i did the BDA course as the NEBDN one involves case studies!!

Hope this helps?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jodie112

9 years 2 months ago #6476 by juju
they do not want to see the actual radiographs but you are asking a gdp to confirm they have been taken. I am yet to sit the exam, only the mock so far. The course is short, with not a massive amount of info to learn but a lot to understand. :) hope this helps
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jodie112

9 years 3 months ago #6474 by Jodie112
Hi has anybody recently done the online radiography course with the BDA? If so how did you find it? What was the exam like? And what evidence did u have to give for your practical portfolio is it just the details of the patients who you have taken radiographs on and the signature of the supporting dentist to say you have taken them or do you need they actually have to physically see the x rays u have taken?
Thanks in advance

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New