× Welcome to the Dental Nurse Network forum!

We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Asking for a pay increase!

9 years 10 months ago #6263 by Luby
Honestly don't feel nervous if you are valued then you should be appreciated especially if you haven't had a rise in three years!! If you don't ask then you won't get!! If they forget your meeting remind them and stand your ground, good luck :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 10 months ago #6259 by Sweetfeet
Hi, I think you are right to mention all what you do for the practice, late nights, weekends and extra duties, sometimes they need pointing out, also if you have done any courses that will help also, and the fact you have not had a pay rise in 2 years, its also a good idea, to mention any further courses you would be interested in doing, shows initiative. And that you are willing to invest your time in the practice.

You should not be on a trainee's wage now, you have been qualified for 4 years, make a note of what you want to say, practice it and be confident, make him see you mean business! As to what nurses earn in private practice, sorry I work for a mixed NHS and private, and would be very interested my self hahaha Good luck!

9 years 10 months ago #6257 by Jellybean
Hi Guys!
Hope you are all well

Last week I asked one of my bosses if a meeting could be arranged for me to ask for a pay rise.
I have now been told it will be at some point next week and of course, now feel all nervous!
I definitely feel as though I deserve one, I suppose I'm worried that they don't!

I'm looking for any tips and advice you might have (esp. from the more experience and long standing nurses!)
My boyfriend thinks I should talk about the cost of living going up and that I haven’t had a pay rise for over 2 years but I feel I should go more into what I feel I have achieved and what I do for the practice (We have 7 nurses and I am one of two nurses that works with a consultant, which I feel is more demanding than working with a general dentist, I do the ordering if our head nurse is away or too busy, I happily stay late often and work Saturdays if asked. I feel they are aware I am always more than willing to help with whatever I can, when ever)
I am more than aware that my colleagues are paid more than me. I have been told that they 'wouldn't get out of bed' for my salary and that 'I thought that's a trainee salary'
I have been working here for almost 4 years now and qualified almost 3 years ago.

If any one knows what the average dentist nurse salary is in a privet practice I’d be interested to know!

Look forward to hearing from you!

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New