× Welcome to the Dental Nurse Network forum!

We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

How to chart a deciduous tooth on adult charting?

9 years 11 months ago #6160 by LeanneB
thank you :)

i think our computer systems are different, as i can leave the deciduous tooth on the charting online, and i dont have that symbol haha!

however on the paper version for my exam would you cross out the tooth as if you where marking an extraction then put a 'E' there? is this right?

:laugh:

xx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 11 months ago #6156 by Ditzy_DentalNurse
Hello

I'm also a student dental nurse - I do mainly online charting now as the dentist i now work with doesnt like paper based methods but in the first 2 months of my training i was with a dentist that does paper charting so im sort of skilled in both but i am not sure if it is correct but I was always told that if there was a deciduous tooth then write the letter in the space on the grid so for example if it was an upper left 5 then carefully cross out the 5 and put the E or if you have noticed on the computer system when you add a mixed dentition to a tooth there is a symbol i always think of it like a funny alien creature draw that in the box next to the number

hope this helps

10 years 3 days ago #6147 by LeanneB
Hello All,

i am currently a student sitting a national diploma,

for an exercise for my Record of Experience i have to chart a retained 85 on a chart which only has2 lines not the 4 for work that needs to be carried out etc.

The nurses at my practice are unsure as they have only ever done computer charting.

I have the NEBDN charting pack but it doesnt mention it on here!

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New