× Welcome to the Dental Nurse Network forum!

We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Late Registering Help

10 years 2 weeks ago - 10 years 2 weeks ago #6118 by kodon
Hello :)

Im looking for a bit of help with registration.

Ive been nursing since 2011 and qualfied in March 2013 after the 2 year college course here in Scotland... and this is where my problem starts.

I loved it up untill June 2013 when my boss got sick and the whole practice turned upside down, the dentists got stressed and treated the nurses like slaves.. so i left and went to another practice ( still not registered as my previous boss told me to wait untill my paper certificates had come in.. which they hadnt yet) so anyway,

i worked in this new practice and i LOVED my job again the dentist was amazing we had a great laugh and i actually loved going to work and seeing our patients everyday.. until August 2013 when he left.. and the boss of the practice started picking on me ( he wanted me gone as i was now a spare nurse and he was paying me £8 an hour to help out with the other dentists nurses that couldnt cope) so i left as i felt bullied/undervaluded and everyday i got greif for trying to do my job

I work in accounts now.. as i type this im looking for dental nurse jobs again in the hope i land a good practice again.

My only problem is im not registered. i got my papers in from SQA in September 2013 ( Stating i got my qualfication MARCH 2013)and i just never bothered to register cause i wasnt working and didnt want to work in practice anymore.. but i feel ive wasted 3 years if i dont go back and give it another shot as i once loved it and hope to do so again.

How does registration work if you have taken time away from dentistry? Can i just apply and there will be no problems because im qualified? is there a time limit from qualifying to registering?

Im hoping to get another dental nurse job within the next 6 months or so... obviously no-one is willing to take me unregistered and if they do the wages are NMW and im not willing to work for that .. not for what we do anyway.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as ive tried to get in contact with GDC but cant.

Thanks guys! :laugh:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New