× Welcome to the Dental Nurse Network forum!

We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

The use of bur brushes.

10 years 1 month ago #6107 by Ekw
Hiya,

We don't use bur brushes either haven't for years, we use mostly single use burs and all stainless steel burs are thrown away after use I suppose that's easy for me to do in a hospital but I don't think any of my colleagues in other areas clean and keep burs either.
I think its due to whether a brush removes as much as we think.
Could you work go single use?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 1 month ago #6105 by charls-louise1988
Hiya, this is true, bur brushes are not aloud to be used and burs are single use only so this is also the reason behind no use of bur brushes, although i do know a lot of practices reuse burs and still use bur brushes to clean them and i agree they are the only thing that gets debris off them. Hope this helps a little but your practice manager may say she wants you to reuse burs in this case you could put them in an ultrasonic bath but in my opinion these are rubbish at removing debris also.

10 years 1 month ago #6102 by whitelock
I am constantly told by the practice manager that we are no longer "allowed" to use bur brushes to clean our burs with.
Does anyone else get told this, and if so, how do you clean your burs?? A normal scrubbing brush just doesn't do the job and they do not become clean....I'm throwing a lot out a lot of the time :dry:

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New