× Welcome to the Dental Nurse Network forum!

We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

NHS employment

10 years 3 months ago #5938 by Ekw
Hi again,

Its a weird one not having start dates told at interview or on job description, usually after your interview you get told quickly if you've got the job then you'd get a letter saying you'd been offered job pending references, when I got. My internal promotion job at my work I knew at interview when Id be hoping to start. I don't know if there's maybe big differences between NHS Scotland and NHS England so maybe it works differently but you'd think if a department needs staff seems silly to waste this time, did HR tell you if your references have come back or have been called for yet?
I'd hope it'd not take much longer I think I was in my new position within 12 weeks.I wouldn't feel bad phoning HR or the manager you still need to hand in you notice I think you'll get your start date eventually once your in youll be fine!
I hope it works out!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 3 months ago #5931 by charls-louise1988
Thank you so much for replying, I am in England, when ever i have applied for a job with the NHS there has never been a start date on the job description but I did think its odd how they ask you for a date as well, they are aware though that i have to work 4 weeks notice. When i was first offered the job by my manager she said for an updates to call the recruitment team, so i think they are fed up of me now. I can not hand in my notice untill i get the unconditional job offer i think its called which is when they said i can hand my notice in, i just hope i get it soon, did your application take over 12 weeks? I hope when they give me a date they don't put it back too as i will be out of work for 2 weeks. Do you know at all if you have indemnity insurance through them or do you have to get it yourself as in currently under an umbrella system where i am now. Many thanks charlotte.

10 years 3 months ago #5929 by Ekw
Hi there

I work in the NHS also, are you England or Scotland? I'm scotland, it does take a while to get everything sorted but I would check with who would be your new manager. Was their not a start date on the job description? I haven't heard of HR asking when you can start personally I've always had a start date given to me but I did once have it moved back a couple of weeks which was frustrating! I hope it gets sorted for soon! I'd keep communication with HR just to make sure.

10 years 3 months ago #5926 by charls-louise1988
I was wondering if anyone may be able to shed some light on this topic? I was offered a position working for the dental hospital on october 11th 2013, they said it takes up to 12 weeks for all the checks to go through than someone will contact me from the NHS recruitment team to ask me for a start date. I am still waiting for this phone call. I have phoned the recruitment team regularly to find out where my application is and she said all the checks are complete and i just have to wait for a call. Its now been 12 weeks and still nothing, its horrible not being able to give my notice to my current employer. I was just wondering if anyone else has been through this process and if anyone knows how long it takes now??? Many thanks.

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New