× Welcome to the Dental Nurse Network forum!

We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Help with gdc registration and indemnity issues

10 years 7 months ago #5749 by c8Ch
Hi have you considered joining the British Association of Dental Nurses, because you can get indemnity with your subscription. And get all sorts of advice and magazines with useful info. Is your current practice happy for you to work elsewhere if they are paying your ARF, if so i wouldnt worry about it! As long as its paid you're able to work.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 7 months ago #5740 by Teesey
Hi Guys/girls

Wondering if anyone can help me here?. I recently qualified as a dental nurse back in april this year. I currently only work 2 days a week for my current employer who at present pays all the nurses gdc rentention every year and also as he is on dpl xtra with the dental protection board all us nurses are covered under an umbrella indemnity free.

My issue is that I was recently asked if i would do 3 thursdays to help a private practice out as their locum nurse had let them down. I said that I would but i was waiting for my indemnity to come thru so she said she would cover me under hers until mine came throu.

I have since found out that this umbrella indemnity only covers the nurses to work at that particular practice!!

So my question is - If i want to consider on the days i dont work working elsewhere, do i need to pay my own gdc membership and get my own indemnity??
Can anyone recommend a good place to go for these?? I have heard that there are places that you pay your gdc registration and then get thew indemnity in with it.??

Any help greatly appreciated

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New