× Welcome to the Dental Nurse Network forum!

We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Touchy topic - work related

10 years 1 week ago #6142 by thetoothwisperer
as far as I'm aware the GDC state that once you have qualified and got your certs, you then have to stop working in direct contact with patients until you are registered with the GDC. She can still work on reception but not in the surgery with patients.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 5 months ago #5813 by whitelock
Hi,
I'm really surprised that you employer hasn't done anything about this, that's really bad that she isn't going to get registered. She shouldn't be working! That doesn't say much for the reputation of his/her company either, especially if a patient were to find out!
If it were me I'd want to say something to my employer BUT I'd also feel I wouldn't want to because I wouldn't want to come across as being bitchy and telling tales.... :unsure: It's a tricky one but it's totally not right that she isn't getting herself registered....! I hope it all gets sorted and she either gets asked to leave or gets herself registered!!

10 years 6 months ago #5783 by Ekw
Hi there

Regardless of whether your colleague wants to or not they have to register. Does your boss get on her case about her not registering? I think her manager needs to get on her case, until she registers she shouldn't nurse. If any of our nurses are late paying or haven't re-registered they don't nurse and don't get their dental nurse wage they are paid as a clinical support worker. If that doesn't get her to register she should be suspended or let go we all have to pay our fee no exception's you shouldn't let that go. Sorry to sound harsh lol

10 years 8 months ago #5712 by starlight17.02
Hello,

I had this question. I have a colleague who qualified a few months back, and had asked the employer for a pay rise stating that she was in the process of registering with the GDC. She did get it 2 months back but is still not registered, and to my knowledge is unwilling to do so. And sadly she is getting the same wage as me now, inspite of me being registered, working as a receptionist as well as a dental nurse, making mouth guards, being responsible for cross-infection control and assisting my manager in handling the paperwork. I am also sitting for my dental radiography exams next month.

Have any of you had this issue? I don't have anything personal against her-she is a rather nice person but can be quite volatile at times, but it seems very unfair to me. Your views on this will be much appreciated.

Thank you

P Hylton

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New