× Welcome to the Dental Nurse Network forum!

We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Student Dental Nurse Website.

10 years 5 months ago #5780 by maxgrav59
Hi, I had the same idea
I recently retired from Dental Nursing after 30 yrs due to back problems.
As an assessor, I wanted to have a website to help student nurses, but don't know where to start.
Any help would be appreciated in starting this up.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 6 months ago #5737 by Dentalnurse5
I am a trainee/student nurse and I feel I could definetly use the support of this website & be able to discuss topics with trainees!

Great idea

10 years 7 months ago #5721 by samalex70
hi mark I think this would be a fab idea,not only for student dental nurses, but nurses who've been doing the job a long time i've been a dental nurse for 20 years and qualified for 15 I would love a site to visit to refresh on things that have changed,i actually stumbled on the dental nurses network because I was looking for exactly that!! best of luck

10 years 7 months ago #5708 by angelak
Hi Mark

I think your idea is great and could be of real benefit to trainee dental nurses. I qualified in 2009 and unfortunately found myself with limited support from my training centre. The only other nurse in my practice at the time qualified about 20 years ago and things have changed since then so she couldn't offer a great deal of advice! My bosses wanted to help but they simply didn't have the time. I ended up 'learning Levison's back to front', which got me through but wasn't ideal.

I just wonder how you would reach trainees to let them know about the site, because when I was a trainee I had no idea that sites like this existed!

Good luck with your venture!

10 years 8 months ago #5686 by Markwyb
Afternoon all,

My names Mark, I've been a Dental Nurse coming up 9 years now working both in Hospital and NHS/Private Practice. Over the years iv become more and more involved with the training and development of Trainee Dental Nurses.

I have recently had an idea of starting up a website specifically aimed at people thinking of Dental Nursing as a career and also a kind of support network and online community for Student Dental Nurses already enrolled on a course. As far as I can tell there is not any websites just aimed at student nurses.

My idea is for there to be useful articles about the profession and Career development ideas as well as an Online forum, like this one, for questions to be asked and answered and somewhere for Student Dental Nurse to get advice and just have a general chat with other Student Nurses about courses they are on and exam topics for example. Also I have a list of colleagues and friends in the profession to provide qualified and experience answers to any questions and advice.

I am looking for peoples honest opinions(and criticisms!) as the whether you feel this is a good idea or not. As I see it the Website will also be available to qualified nurses as well, like yourselves, to pass on their knowledge and experiences.

Thank you for taking the time to read this post and I would hugely appreciate opinions and thoughts on the idea. ( however harsh!)

Mark.

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New