× Welcome to the Dental Nurse Network forum!

We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Advice for trainee dental nurse

10 years 9 months ago #5687 by lindsey1979
I have the following books I was going to list on ebay if anyone is interested before I do:

Mosbys Textbook for dental nursing
H levison - Textbook for dental nursing Ninth Edition
The NVQ & GNVQ Assessor handbook
NVQs for dental nursines 2nd edition - carole hollins

email me if interested - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Hope its helps

x

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 9 months ago #5677 by Ekw
Hi there

Congrats on the new role, I trained in the same way went to college once a week and worked in practice.
I had a folio to build throughout my training and for experience proof I had a mentor attend the practice to watch me for a day a d Mark me on my cross infection and my nursing and setting up for certain procedures. It was alot of work and alot of work at home but worth it when you get your qualification.
Books wise if your wanting books to look through before you get ones from college I'd look at amazon or eBay there's alot of dental nursing books or you could get your levison yourself I did that and ended up getting one from college which was handy I had one to write on and take notes in!!
I hope you enjoy your course!

10 years 9 months ago #5675 by sjbh87
Hi,
I have just started at a dental practice (been there 2 weeks) currently working on reception but I'm meeting with the local college in a few weeks to sign up for the Level 3 Diploma in Dental Nursing. As I'm 26 I need to do an apprenticeship to qualify for government funding. my question is, can anyone recommend any up to date books / online resources so I can start reading up and gaining some knowledge of terminology etc.
Also if anyone can outline what I should except to happen on the apprenticeship / whilst in the practice? Obviously I understand as its worked based learning everywhere does this differently but it would be great to get an idea :)
Thanks

Sarah

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New