× Welcome to the Dental Nurse Network forum!

We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Radiograph, X-rays, and other yummy stuff

10 years 10 months ago #5666 by Ekw
Hi there

I did the radiography course after qualifying and to be honest I couldn't find an easy way to remember all that information. For your views like the DPT and obliques maybe if you wrote what teeth views you were looking for and matching it to the view you will remember it easier? Like if you wanted to see developing teeth and caries and it was not a very young child you could view a DPT,
If your wanting to check caries as part of an exam thats routine you'd maybe just want bitewings, I found that helpful when I was training and knowing the reasons why a certain X-ray would be taken makes learning each one a little easier,
I'm afraid I've not rhymes for this lol.
Reading through your levison will help also.

Good luck !!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 10 months ago #5662 by ShowMeYourTeeth
Hello,
My colleagues and I will be covering radiography soon in our webinars/course, and we're a bit daunted by it.
Google has been prolific but not helpful.

Is there any easy way to remember what we need to know for it?

Lateral, Oblique, OPG, scatter, intensifier........whaaaaaaat??? We have been told that it is 25% of our exam (but that anatomy is 1/3.....go figure) so we're understandably confused.

(Btw- I've been finding associative ways to remember the bones and muscles of the face/head (e.g. Vomer bone is pointing to it with fingers in a 'V'....classy, huh!) and if I can devise a method for this that might help others, I will gladly share.)

B)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New