× Welcome to the Dental Nurse Network forum!

We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Adding on another DCP qualification

10 years 11 months ago #5406 by kta1986
I would definitely get in touch with your indemnity re your extra qualifications. Your fee will probably go up to match your heightened responsibilities. Mine has gone up by about £40 per year with extra qualifications, I would much rather pay the extra and be covered for any potential risks. Don't think GDC are bothered about our extra qualifications :P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 11 months ago #5400 by kittykat
Ahhh ok, I didn't see that bit. In that case I have no idea!!

10 years 11 months ago #5397 by Twiki
Thank you

GDC site has some contradicting (right word?) info as it also says

"If you are already registered and have since qualified in another area, you can request the relevant dental care professional title to be added to the register. Please complete the personal details, qualification and payment sections of the application form and return it to us with a £12 administration fee. There is no additional annual retention fee for any extra DCP titles you have."

Doesn't make sense!! :unsure:

10 years 11 months ago #5382 by kittykat
This is from the GDC website,

Can I add an additional qualification?
We are not currently adding any additional skills or qualifications* to either the dentist or DCP Registers, no matter when they were obtained. This decision was made in October 2007. Since this decision was made we have held consultations in which we sought stakeholders’ views on this issue. This was followed up with further stakeholder workshops covering the issue, and research to determine patients’ views.
Dentists whose additional qualifications were added to the register prior to this decision being taken will retain their listed qualifications in the register until a policy decision has been agreed by the Council.

*Qualifications that are not recognised for registration

As for your indemnity, I would say call your indemnity supplier and double check what you're covered for. Better to pay a little extra and be covered than to need it and not be covered.

10 years 11 months ago #5339 by Twiki
Just wondering if anyone has added on to their GDC registration an additional DCP qualification like radiography or OHE? Does it affect our indemnity or is that just additional skills like Imp taking or fluoride application that would affect that?

If anyone knows or has done that please get in touch

Thanks

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New