× Welcome to the Dental Nurse Network forum!

We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Amalgamator

11 years 6 months ago #2906 by vickstar84
thank you ekw! i dont use the amalgamator, but i know the one the hospital uses on the restorative dept is on a tray but as you said we do use capsules so no need really then :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 6 months ago #2893 by rita6
We used an amalgamator then went on to capsules and have now gone back to the amalgamator. It has no tray under it but when filling it up we put a tray underneath it in case anything is dropped. In twenty seven years no spills. Also there is no waste and we do not have to worry about red stream capsules. So no waste there either.

Find so much easier to use.

11 years 6 months ago #2877 by Assessor
Ours dosnt sit on a tray. Ours is also used for GI capsules.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kcp

11 years 6 months ago #2875 by Ekw
Hi there vicki

If your using capsules there shouldn't be any spillages as you won't open your capsule until it's mixed. It shouldn't open when mixing ever. I dont know anywhere that would use tin foil unless they used actual bottles of mercury. 

11 years 6 months ago #2867 by vickstar84
i thought it had to be on tin foil incase of any spillages and so you can see where the spillage is!?? i may be wrong so if anybody does know please post :)

11 years 6 months ago #2865 by Ekw
Hi there

I use capsules and it doesn't sit on a tray at all, I could be wrong but I think this was what I used when I had to fill my amalgamator with mercury this was to catch Any spillage but I don't there's many still used now so I personally wouldn't worry about lining a tray. Hope this helps

11 years 6 months ago #2859 by kcp
Does anyone know if an amalgamator has to sit on a tray with tin foil, we use capsules ?

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New