× Welcome to the Dental Nurse Network forum!

We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Bank Work

11 years 6 months ago #2858 by vickstar84
get in touch with an agency (google dental nurse agencies)and they might be able to get you some temp work in practices maybe?? if you want to work in hospital you will usually need to register with nhs jobs and they send you alerts when jobs become avalable so you can apply over the internet which is really quick and easy :) if you want to do saturday work speak to the dentist you work for and he may know a collegue who needs an experienced nurse to help out?? as ekw says you can speak to the matron of the hospital and she may let you observe on some clinics!?!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 6 months ago #2852 by Ekw
Hi there,

I am not aware of any bank nursing for dental nursing but for a hospital job you won't need bank work to get it. I work in hospital and it just came up I'd originally worked as a community dental nurse so I suppose IS knowledge and theatre knowledge was a good foot in as I now run theatre in a childrens hospital. I'd think you could ask the principal of the dental hospital if you could have day in to observe and see what you think and you could ask about up and coming positions. Are you working in Scotland?

11 years 7 months ago #2585 by Nichola1103
Hi,
Im just wondering if anybody has any ideas of how you get into bank nursing? I'm fully qualified and GDC registered working in a long standing implant practice and just looking to get my foot in the door for some other work and hopefully get into hospital environment..

Would really be greatful of ideas :)

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New