× Welcome to the Dental Nurse Network forum!

We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Hep B- who should pay?

11 years 6 months ago #2598 by joannep
Here in Mid-Sussex, the GP's won't give the Hep-B injection paid or not. We have to contact occupational health who, after a brief questionnaire, offer appts at various clinics around the county. It's a free service.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 7 months ago #2512 by hannahhogan
I have just started work with a private practice, but was immunised due to a prior job. Occ health (which works out of the local NHS hospital) checked my immunity, as an NHS procedure, so I didn't have to pay for the bloods or lab work.
I guess if your occ health provider is NHS based then you should get your tests done for free.
I was told though, that if I wanted further immunisations (I'm too old to have had the MMR as a child and have never had measles) then I'd have to pay for those.
Hope you get it sorted.

11 years 8 months ago #2402 by Toots
My practice pays for all staffs vaccinations and GDC registrations. There is a policy in place that if anyone leaves in mid year then they have to pay the balance of the GDC and indemnity that the practice does not benefit from. For example:-

GDC registration payable by 31 July = £120.00
Nurse leaves the practice 31 Dec
so has worked for 5 months = £ 50.00
Balance repayable = £ 70.00

The cost of the vaccination is spread over the first 10 months.

I would raise the possibility of something similar at everyones practice meetings. Our wages are low enough and it would encourage loyalty to the practice and so reduce staff turnover.

11 years 8 months ago #2399 by Assessor
Ive not paid for any of mine nor the blood test ive had done recently.

11 years 8 months ago #2398 by wairarapa
Yeah, I think it does depend on the employer.

11 years 8 months ago #2394 by starlight17.02
Hi, I had paid for my Hep B vaccinations which had been done in 3 instalments. But I recently started a new job, and have been asked to go to occupational health to have a full blood test, and to just mention where I work. It really depends on the employer, I guess.

P Hylton
The following user(s) said Thank You: wairarapa

11 years 8 months ago #2392 by HRussell
Various nurses I know have had to pay themselves. This has been from either their own doctors surgery, community clinics or hospital.

I never had to pay as my doctors surgery didn't charge if the vaccinations were work related, but this was a while back.

You may find the attached link interesting [url=http://]http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Hepatitis-B/Pages/Prevention.aspx[/url]
The following user(s) said Thank You: wairarapa

11 years 8 months ago #2391 by wairarapa
Hi, I am a non-responder so have to have annual bloods to show that I am clear. When I went two days ago the hospital informed me that they no longer cover dentistry and that a invoice would be sent to my boss.
Has anyone had similar experiences and who should be paying for this, we have to fork out so much to keep our jobs!

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New