× Welcome to the Dental Nurse Network forum!

We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Weekly Protein Tests

11 years 9 months ago #2314 by Flora
Yes thanks thats very helpful. I rang ValiSafe and the woman was very helpful too! She ran through what to do if the test doe sshow protein as well so that was handy to know :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 10 months ago #2309 by Nikki07
we use the weekly protein tests and have done for awhile, we use them on instruments that have come out of the ultrasonic bath,The test you are talking about came to us with instructions there is also a number you can call on the bottom of the leaflet, call it they are happy to explain. The control pack is to show you how the test works, ie unscrew the pot, take out the blue brush and dip in distilled water, rub over the instrument, then place in to the pot, if the colour stays yellow/brown there is no protein, if the colour changes to any shade of blue then there is protien,if you used the control pack you would do the same only rub the brush over the silver metal and this will turn the water blue. hope this helps alittle?????

Reg/Qualified Dental Nurse

11 years 10 months ago #2306 by Assessor
I dont even know how to do them let alone waht to use. Luckily some one from henry schein is coming to go thru it all with us. Hopefully that will be before the CQC call on us.

11 years 10 months ago #2293 by MLA
Hello,
I would contact the supplier and get the right advice for your machine.Preferably in writing...
They must supply you with all the information, even thought they sometimes don't really act like they want to.

:-) MLA
The following user(s) said Thank You: Flora

11 years 10 months ago #2292 by Flora
We have just got organised in our practice with our washer disinfector, and we have just recieved our first lot of weekly protein tests. I was wondering if anyone knows what to do if a test does actually detect protein on the disinfected instrument?!!! It's all well and good doing the tests and logging them when everything is running smoothly, but it's pointless if we don't know what to do if it goes wrong!

Also, the make of tests we have are Valisafe DentaCheck. The pack came with a positive control test, does anyone know ho to use this correctly because it does'nt give any instructions in the packet!

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New