× Welcome to the Dental Nurse Network forum!

We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

idh contracts advice please!! Unpaid time off??

11 years 9 months ago #2337 by Assessor
She mustve been having a bad day.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 9 months ago #2334 by Vms118
I'd be asking what it is you've done too upset your practice manager. You've asked for a day off, six months in advance, when there is no need for you (there's no dentists) - so you'd be saving them money, and she has refused?

Victorus Aut Mortis.

11 years 10 months ago #2310 by Toots
I would have a word with your local industrial relations officer, your local job centre would be able to put you in touch with their office. Take your employment contract with you and they will be able to tell you in confidence where you stand and whether or not you are being treated unfairly.

I suspect though as you have no holidays available that unpaid holidays is at the practice discretion and they do not have to agree to the time off.

11 years 10 months ago #2289 by dawn2410
What does it say in your contract?
ACAS might be able to help ( available on web ), they offer free advice relating to employment law. But by the sounds of it you need somewhere that will respect you !

11 years 10 months ago #2273 by Dentalnurse001
does anyone have any advise on this thanks

11 years 10 months ago #2261 by Dentalnurse001
thanks for advise im looking at leaving, i have been there like i said 8 years plus im quilfied and still on 6.08, how bad. Just nothing has come up my way i keep looking but nothing is available. think this a joke the way we have to to all these new exams cqcs and get low pay. Idh are taking over so many surgerys :(. but can any one tell me could i get sacked for this, as i have give my manager 6 months notice for this day off and we do have enough staff on this day but it is stock take thanks

11 years 10 months ago #2259 by Seal
IDH offered my friend 25pence rise after her qualification and GDC reg, she was on 6.15 per hour...
Quit is the best advice unfortunately as forget about any respect there...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dentalnurse001

11 years 10 months ago #2255 by hippykat82
Quit, Find somewhere you will be respected, you have given them 8 years! They are a joke.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dentalnurse001

11 years 10 months ago #2253 by Dentalnurse001
I currently work for IDH an have for 8 years I have asked my practice manager if i can take the 31st december off as an un-paid day or asked if i can make the time up between and then as i have no holidays left. She tells me she will not autherise it and if i take it off I could lose my job yet i'm giving 6months notice that i require 1 day off and tbh there are no dentist's in over this time anyway, can anyone please give me advise on if I am within my rights to take it off or how i can do this in the corrrect manner many thanks.

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New