× Welcome to the Dental Nurse Network forum!

We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Nurse to pay extra for registartion

11 years 10 months ago #2268 by Assessor
Here here MLA i agree with you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 10 months ago #2257 by MLA
Hello,
I think Toots have a point here.The GDC could declare what we are paying for and how the fee is calculated.
Are we sure that the fee is based on some member Hygienist gave a more or less wrong answer to :"what does a dental nurse earn?" It might not just be a rumour?Or did that Hygienist earn as a dental nurse?

If that IS the case, that the hygienist didn't tell the correct amount, it must be easy to adjust that statement and correct that fault. Easy to prove at least.

But but but, we still need a strong Union behind us.I know, I am going on about this but I still believe it is that way.

MLA :)

11 years 10 months ago #2254 by Toots
If the nurses are subsidised, then it will most probably only apply to those that work for the NHS and exclude those working in private practice.

As we all know, dental nurses in private practice are usually on lower wages than those working for the NHS. So what we should be pushing for is a lower registration fee for everyone.

It may be useful to know from the GDC how or fees are arrived at and what they think the average wage for a dental nurse is.

11 years 10 months ago #2247 by Assessor
Oh yes but if the midwives get subsidised so should we??? Our reg is based on What a Hygenist is paid as there was once one on th eboard at the GDC she told them all nurses were paid the same as hygenists which we know we dont.
The article I posted is just to highlight the fact that they may be subsidised.

11 years 10 months ago #2237 by MLA
Hi,
The cost for registration with the GDC, for dental nurses, regardless of working place, is for this year £120.
(The dentist is paying approx. 4.5 times more for the same registration.)

If we divide that cost into 12 months, we have £ 10 per month.It is not cheap but, if we ever will have status and recognition, we need to be organised and make sure we are up to the quality we should be.

MLA B)

11 years 10 months ago #2234 by Assessor
Sunday mirror 10/06/12 Nures must pay £44 extra just to work. This refers to nurses in Hosptals and midwives. in a new assult on the pay of NHS workers, the Nursing and Midwifery Council plans to raise its registration fee from £76 to £120. The move comes even though health workers have already been hit by a pay freeze. The Government has been urged to subsidise registration. The Midwiferey council has said "We believe it is inappropiate to seek such an increase when nurses and midwives are already seeing multiple assults on their pay packets. Experencing significant increases in their pensions for what will be smaller and the cost of living is increasing. Now does this sound familiar???????? wonder if the Government will subsidise us as well????

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New