× Welcome to the Dental Nurse Network forum!

We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Exam next saturday! :( Any Advice?!

11 years 10 months ago #2326 by kta1986
Assessor - thanks so much for your help! I would love a copy of some mock exams or the web address you got them from :cheer:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 10 months ago #2305 by Assessor
I have some question sheets which i down loaded from the mock exam on line. They also have the answers with them and my wrong ones. The exam is just based on true or false answers. you need a pencil and a rubber. read the question 5 parts to each question then just put aline in either box. thats all it is. also for your candiate number you colour in the relevant number on the front of the sheet. Hope this helps you. if you want acopy of my mock let me know.

11 years 10 months ago #2295 by kta1986
Hey thanks for your advice, I get where you're coming from I did my OH online with the BDA and found it pretty lonely, I've started my radiography at dental school but just can NOT find any past paper bits and pieces! I'm def gonna contact NEBDN thankyou xxx
The following user(s) said Thank You: Assessor

11 years 10 months ago #2291 by Assessor
Hi I did my radiography on line. with Steve MAcdonald and the BDA. This might not be you kind of studying. I found it wasnt really mine but could learn in my own time. But at least in a class enviornment you can pass ideas etc to each other. I found no past papers available or any hing but the on line course does give you the chance to sit the mock and run off the papers after wards.
Contact the NEBDN or BDA. These willl be of help to you.

11 years 10 months ago #2287 by kta1986
Assessor - how did you find the radiography exam do you know where I can access past papers/ROE? (congrats to Pablo and Ali for passing :D) x

11 years 10 months ago #2281 by Assessor
If I can pass my radiography then Im sure you can pass this hun Good Luck.

11 years 10 months ago #2278 by Jellybean
Hopefully! I'm mainly worried that I will feel really pressured and not be able to think straight! Crossed fingers!

11 years 10 months ago #2276 by pablo20
I passed mine too, well done, you will get through the OSCE's no problem, its wat you do at work everyday! xx

11 years 10 months ago #2250 by HRussell
Fantastic Ali, well done.

So pleased for you :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jellybean

11 years 10 months ago #2245 by MLA
Congratulations!

Have a look here...
www.nebdn.org/documents/DiplomaOSCEGuidanceDec20113.pdf

MLA :)

11 years 10 months ago #2243 by Jellybean
I PASSED!! I am so so shocked still can't believe it! Just have to do my OSCE on the 22nd now! eak!!

I am expecting there will be lots on anatomy and materials in the OSCE! best get revising!

Thanks for your kind words guys! :)

11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #2189 by pablo20
I too sat my exam on Saturday and it was extremely taxing, nothing like any of the certificate test papers from previous years we have been looking at. There was no anatomy or materiels or anything like that. Chin up I am sure you wil have done better than you think. xx

11 years 11 months ago #2184 by HRussell
Aww Ali :(

It isn't worth getting down about. Get on with your life and just see what happens, then take it from there.
:)

11 years 11 months ago #2183 by Jellybean
It was really really hard! I'm gutted! 100% failed! I had to guess at all the questions!!

11 years 11 months ago #2177 by dhruti
Hi ya, Good luck for your exam, I'm sure you will be fine, be positive and try to have a good night sleep day b4. All the best :cheer:

11 years 11 months ago #2176 by HRussell
Ahh Dentrain, I tried doing a course with them years ago and found my tutor useless.

Like I said just make sure you have revised everything you have and take your time.

:)

11 years 11 months ago #2175 by Assessor
I resat my radiography in December after 2 other atempts. The last time I sat there looking at the questions and thought I dont Know these. Yet the twice before I was so confident Id passed it. I Thought I knew all the answers. But obviously I didnt. yet 3rd time around I passed. Just do as H Russell says take your mind off it over the next few days as you can revise too much. HAve a nice relaxing bath the night before and an early night . When you get up on the morning of the exam go with a positive mind there will be loads of others in the same boat as your self. Yes your mind does go blank but Im sure when you see the qusetions itll all come back to you any way good luck to you Let us know how you get on. xx

11 years 11 months ago #2174 by Jellybean
Thanks very much! I can't say my tutor has been much help as I'm doing distance learning with dentrain!
I just want it over and done with now!

11 years 11 months ago #2173 by HRussell
Please try not to worry.

As long as you have been putting in the time to revise I'm sure the information is there ready for you to use in the exam.
I'm sure your tutor has gone over past papers with you and hopefully has given you advice on how to answer the questions.

Just make sure you read the questions properly and read them more than once and go over all your answers if you have time left at the end cos you might find some more information comes to you.

The best thing to do the night before is to have a very relaxing night and not to think about it ( I know that will be hard to do though)

Good Luck :)

11 years 11 months ago #2172 by Jellybean
Hi guys

I have my first (written exam) next saturday, feeling so incredibly nervous I feel sick!
I feel like I've worked so hard towards it these last few months and I still forget things or don't know them- so much to try and memorise!!

Does anyone have any advice?

I had asked for a day off this coming week to revise which has been declined I was so looking forward to having a day to myself where no one else is in the house to disrupt me! haha

Is there anything particular I should focus on?

please help! :(

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New