× Welcome to the Dental Nurse Network forum!

We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

CQC INSPECTION

11 years 11 months ago #2170 by Assessor
We may as well pouch our selves seeing as everything has to be pouched. LOL

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 11 months ago #2166 by Nikki07
Well we haven't had a CQC inspection but we have had a practice apprasial last Friday, what a learning curve, we were fine on all the paper work, we new where to find any information asked, One of our nurses spent some time with one of the inspectors and did brill, one down fall and as ICL i couldn't believe it, the area manager found some pouches out of date in one of the surgery's what a let down, they were so impressed with everything untill that. I then spent the rest of the day with all 4 autoclaves running and instruments in them, that was without 3 surgery's been used. so if we get inspected by CQC we know everything just got to re pouch the whole practice to make sure hehehehe, This came 5 days after doing a full stock take at the practice and guess what no pay rise hehehehehe,

Reg/Qualified Dental Nurse

11 years 11 months ago #2146 by kta1986
Hello, we had our CQC inspection a few weeks ago and it was absolutely fine! the lady was lovely and she said we deserved gold stars! we just do our jobs well, as long as you know you are doing your best and what is required of you, you should be fine xx
The following user(s) said Thank You: Assessor, Nikki07

11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #2145 by MLA
Hi,
You can have a look on the CQC web page. There you can find some CQC reports.

Now, it won't necessary be the case that they will come and see your practice now, just because they are in the area.

Don't be too stressed. If you are doing all you can, having read the HTM 01 05, 'the law', and working to full fill all that it recommends, I am sure you will be fine.
:)
Just the fact that you are worried and want to do the right thing, shows that you are probably doing the right things already now.
MLA

PS. The COC can come unannounced, but usually gives at least 48 hours of notice. They do not have to though.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nikki07

11 years 11 months ago #2144 by Nikki07
I work in a private practice and of yet not had our CQC inspection,(Thankfully) i was woundering if any of you have had yours and could give me some insight of what they asked and if you were pulled up on anything?
I am the infection control leader for the practice and have read the HTM-01-05 many times these last few weeks as practices in my area are saying the inspectors are about.
One practice within our group was called on friday to say they would be inspected Monday this week, this was added pressure to the stock take we had to complete Friday and Saturday just gone. I feel that even though we do the job every day and are good at what we do it could set my IBS off hehehehehe ;)
Nikki x

Reg/Qualified Dental Nurse

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New