× Welcome to the Dental Nurse Network forum!

We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

HELP ANYONE I NEED A TRAINEE DENTAL NURSE POSITION

12 years 9 months ago #1490 by Vms118
Im going to have to be the negative side of the coin in this one. In all honesty, the best advice I could give is that unless you're happy with relatively low pay (in regards to commitment (professional fee's and CPD), responsibility vs wage and risks to health) and are not getting into nursing as a stepping stone to other things i.e. hygiene Bsc, then start looking for a new training course and don't waste your time in dentistry.

After having worked at 3 dental practices over 9 years, all reasonably good ones with not too bad conditions, in my experience I would estimate that 8/10 nurses regret staying in the job for long enough that they feel they can't try something new any more and are stuck.

I have met a few very happy DN's but they are few and far between. In my own limited experience of course ;)

Victorus Aut Mortis.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 9 months ago #1471 by BADMUS
Thanks alot Bex for the tips.

Aisha x

12 years 9 months ago #1470 by Bexchod
Find out all the Dental Practices in your area and go in and speak to the Practice Managers or Give them a call and ask if they are looking for any Trainee Nurses. Or you could try sending in your CV to the Practices, although you may not get something right away, they can keep your CV on file! Good Luck with the Job Search and Good Luck with the National Certificate!!!!!

Bex. x

12 years 9 months ago #1468 by BADMUS
hello every one am just joining this forum :) ,I have just started my national certificate for dental nursing and i am looking for a place to work as a trainee dental nurse.I live in London to start with any advice or assistant will be really appreciated.

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New