CHEATED AT WORK

12 years 9 months ago #1735 by Vms118
That's what I'm saying...I think we all know dentists wouldn't take a pay cut, so he's b*llsh*tting.

Victorus Aut Mortis.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 9 months ago #1734 by vebailey
Assessor wrote:

The other nurses can get into trouble by telling you how much they are on per hour. I know as my colleque was sacked from a practice for bragging she was on more than the other nurses this was before she came to us. But now she keeps quiet. Im actually on more than her because Ive been there longer.
Some agencies are very good it all depends which one you go with. Where do you live ???? As i Know of a great agency based in Bury Lancashire.You should also have a copy of your contract. I do and everytime the hours change or I do a course etc he just gets me to sign a seprate copy of it.

hi .. i live in the west midlands and im in the process of signing up for an agency based in solihull

the only thing thats trippin me up is they want to know why i want to leave the job.

great. :/

Jesus. trusting him ONLY to bring me out of the hardship.

12 years 9 months ago #1733 by vebailey
lol ther is NO financial trubbl. cuz he just opened four more practices on top of th two he already got. AND in th process of opening another one !!!

nurses are just leaving 1 by 1

12 years 9 months ago #1721 by Vms118
If your boss has cut the associates % they receive from income then I'd be very worried.

He's either lying to you or the only reason I can see that they'd take a pay cut is that the practice is in serious financial trouble.

Victorus Aut Mortis.

12 years 9 months ago #1719 by Max
I would have no second thoughts of looking for another job.

you could do shop work and no responsibility and be paid the same amount.

Whats wrong with Dentist these days would you do the job for that money NO

So come on support your staff think of how well they work to keep you in a postion your in.

12 years 9 months ago #1715 by Assessor
The other nurses can get into trouble by telling you how much they are on per hour. I know as my colleque was sacked from a practice for bragging she was on more than the other nurses this was before she came to us. But now she keeps quiet. Im actually on more than her because Ive been there longer.
Some agencies are very good it all depends which one you go with. Where do you live ???? As i Know of a great agency based in Bury Lancashire.You should also have a copy of your contract. I do and everytime the hours change or I do a course etc he just gets me to sign a seprate copy of it.

12 years 9 months ago #1714 by vebailey
th boss not so approachable at the moment really.. he recently cut the dentists pay and apparently he said no one's going to get a raise so dont bother asking..

i think the only option i have left is to try the agency and see what happens

12 years 9 months ago #1712 by Toots
Talk to your dentist and tell him that you feel cheated and undervalued when colleagues less qualified are on up to £4 an hour more than you.

Explain you have not had a payrise for years yet inflation as gone up so in effect are on less than when you started and you are struggling to pay your bills.

12 years 9 months ago #1708 by seakiki11
agencys are quite good I work with tempdent and they pay £10/h ...which is good and they are bussy
I also registred with Dentafind but I never get an offert from them...any way I'm sure you can find something better:) good luck :silly:

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #1706 by vebailey
i cant remember anythin what was written in th contract it was a couple ofyears back but there are people there who arent NVQ 3 qualified and they are getting about £2 to £4 more than i am, if not more
YES i would love to join an agency but i heard they are troublesome? :unsure: :unsure:

12 years 9 months ago #1704 by Assessor
What does it say in your contract? About pay rises. If your a member of the BADN the call them they will put you in touch with their legal team who can give you free advice.
I used them once years ago and they were good. Or look for a nother job if you can I know it can be difficult in the climate. Join a dental nurse agency as well.

12 years 9 months ago #1703 by Vms118
Simple answer, no. Unless of course you got the agreement of a pay rise in writing prior to beginning your course? :unsure:

Victorus Aut Mortis.

12 years 9 months ago #1701 by vebailey
Ive qualified as a dental radiographer 2months ago and boss refuses to giv me a pay rise (im on £7 at the moment) ive been struggling on this wage for years to a point i almost have to call in sick because ive ran out of money because of bills i am payin by myself and petrol too. he seems to have gone back on his word as i was promised a payrise at the beginingis ther any legal action i can take?

Moderators: DNN

Dental management level 3

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New