employment rights

12 years 9 months ago #1710 by Toots
I think it is a legal requirement that your employer should have given you a contract after the first three month. I know it showed up in practice inspections.

To find out your rights contact you local Industrial Relations Officer. He/she is usually based at the Employment Office and they will give you all the information you need and because you have been employed for over a year may even take your case for you if your rights are being impinged.

Also with CQC you should have a contract and would have thought the BDA would have mentioned it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 9 months ago #1707 by dawn2410
Can be awkward for both you and your employer without a contract of employment, however, get in touch with A.C.A.S. you can phone them without giving any personal details and they will tell you what you are legally entitled to, I've used them before and they are really helpful.

Good luck

12 years 9 months ago #1700 by seakiki11
i recently give notice as I find other job.
Prior this I decided to stay part time with them (2 d/week)
I was working full time for a year and a half ,never discuss a contract,never have a staff meeting.
I give 2 weeks as I thought it is a resonable period of time but my dentist said I should give her 4 weeks, I said that I cannot do that as I am going to loose other job ,I told her that she never discuss the notice etc. she was fine till today when we discuss about payment.
I had 2.5 days of holiday remains and I told her that I would like to take them and be paid for ,but she reply ''You do not have a contract so there is no holiday to be pay as you didn't give me 4 weeks notice''
Now I knew that by low I must be paid for what I work ,inclusive holidays even if I leave the job .
The dentis call BDA or whoever and in the end said she'll going to do me a favour by paing the remaning holiday even though she should't.
does anybody a else had this problem?
if so where to address thi issue?who to call? how to approach the situation?
ta :P

Moderators: DNN

Dental management level 3

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New