Why cant we be salaried

12 years 11 months ago #1427 by Toots
Sorry I misunderstood.

It all comes down to your contract and the way your remuneration is calculated. I don't calculate my hours worked unless I have worked overtime and then just hand those hours in as extra. My salary is calculated over a yearly period and divided by twelve minus all deductions and paid the net. Basic is the same each month. Some months have five weeks so this way those extra weeks are spread over the year. Some calculate it on a month by month basis so some months you are paid more than others.

I personally like it spread over the year as I know where I stand each month. This way it is easier for all concerned, especially the person calculating the wages/salary. Perhaps you need to speak to the practice manager or principal dentist

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 11 months ago #1419 by Assessor
Hi I do know what the difference is between a salary and a wage. What im getting at is that we stikll have to calulate our hours and hand them in at the end of the month. If we were paid either a set wage or salary then we wouldnt have to do this Then we would know then at the end of each month we would get. instead of the pay being worked out according to the hours we worked. So its different each month. :S

12 years 11 months ago #1418 by Toots
The difference between a salary and a wage is that a salary is paid monthly and a wage is paid weekly. Both are calculated from an hourly rate

13 years 2 weeks ago #1390 by Assessor
Why are Dental Nurses the only or one of the few professional occupations that are still Paid an hourly rate.
We should with our qualifications and experience be paid a salary.
Come on GDC please help us. :S

Moderators: DNN

Dental management level 3

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New