registration

13 years 2 months ago #1301 by scotslass68
Have just spoken to someone at the GDC and i do have to sit an IELTS test because i qualified outside the EEU. Doesn't seem right to me the next test date is not until April so registration will be put on hold until then. Need to get an overall score of at least 6 to pass. This is costing me a fortune i'm getting to the point that i'll need to give up on dentistry even though i love it. :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago #1299 by Nerd
yey!! good luck to you!! :lol:

13 years 2 months ago #1298 by scotslass68
Yeah if they qualified before 2001, its no problem for them. I'm waiting on someone from the GDc ringing me tomorrow so fingers crossed. :)

13 years 2 months ago #1296 by Caroline
Am I right in thinking that New Zeland dentists can work in the Uk with non of this insanity??? Their qualification etc stands here.

13 years 2 months ago #1293 by Nerd
OMG thats umbeliveable!!! :silly:

13 years 2 months ago #1292 by Max
This is yet another example of stupidity with the powers that be.

Off topic I have hospital appt next week some Nurse rang to say appt has to be cancelled firstly she could hardly speak a word of English then tells me injection to shoulder when it's my elbow i'm going for so clearly her reading is poor.

I then sent email regarding the matter to my Dr who then in turn rings me back to say the appt for 7th still stands. If I had not got intouch with my Dr then I would not have turned up on the 7th and classed has missed appt. It transpired she was looking at the shoulder clinic which is not where I am going for the appt.
The appt still stands but why are these folk employed in our hospitals or anywhere with no understanding of ENGLISH.

Rant over.

I would ring the head of GDC try to get a conversation with her and at the end say so you do understand my english and why do I need to spend £115

Its just a barking mad country we live in with usless rules and regs.

Best of Luck with this matter

13 years 2 months ago #1290 by scotslass68
Hi i am a New Zealand trained dental nurse i have 12 years experience. I have recently returned home to Scotland but had set about getting my registration while in New Zealand. I was told everything i needed to do and have done so. Now the GDC are saying i also need to sit an IELTS test as i qualified outside the EU. Can anyone give me any answers to this as i don't get it my first lanquage is english New Zealand is an english speaking country, it was a british dental council course i took it all just seems strange to me. I can't look for work as i ahve no registration and the test will cost 115 pounds. :(

Moderators: DNN

Dental management level 3

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New