Episode 3: The Perils of Instant Messaging

14 years 2 weeks ago #135 by mela82
i think the poster is referring to instant messaging via a dental software like kodak r4 or exact, not mobiles. :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 2 weeks ago #131 by Vms118
No. It is disgusting and distracting.

Victorus Aut Mortis.

14 years 2 weeks ago #129 by Louise
How things have changed.
Does everyone have there phones in there pocket all day ?

14 years 2 weeks ago #118 by toothfairy
very true...she's bloody funny though!

14 years 2 weeks ago #113 by mela82
This reminds me of a time when my ex boss was having a really off day. I was working on reception and had made a doctors appointment which he had known and agreed i could go to for about for 3 weeks. He decided that just before lunch during a routine check up, he would take a wobbly but stubborn baby tooth out!
i couldnt leave reception (i did pop my head in) and i ended up missing my appointment! i only managed to eat lunch because our hygienist went and got me something when she went out. i was so angry (this was not the first case) that in the afternoon, i wrote a message to the hygienist which was not too kind towards my boss - the next thing i know i get a message back saying that my boss was in her room and saw my message.

I realised that however justified i felt, this was not acceptable of me - if i had an issue i should have just said it to him and not behind his back.
i thought it would be better to approach him before he approached me. I apologised and admitted that the way i went about my current issue was wrong - i was fortunate enough to escape with a bit of yelling but nothing else.

i would say that messaging is ok - it can brighten ones day up as long as it is light hearted but if one is to talk about a colleague or work related issues, one really should approach the person face to face.

14 years 2 weeks ago #106 by fifi
We have all done it before yes, but there is a time and a place for it which isn't the messaging system at work!

I'm just saying, you have to be very careful about what you post on the internet especially if it is about another staff member. As I'm sure "Joy" would recognise that you were talking about her if she were to read it.

And start your career as you mean to go on. If "Joy" is someone you don't think that you will particularly get on with, then do what your mother told you - smile, be polite and then work as a team. You don't have to be best friends with everyone! I definately suggest apologising to her on Monday, as imagine if her and someone else were giggling about you behind your back and you heard about it? It's never very nice :(

I'm sure now you've realised your mistakes you'll go on to be a good nurse as I believe its a fantastic profession and something to be really proud of :)

Fi x

14 years 2 weeks ago #104 by Miss_Floss
Ps I have obviously changed the names of the people I talk about...I may be an idiot, but I'm not that stupid!

I also think everyone is guilty of talking about someone you don't get on with when you are with a close friend; I know it is wrong but I'm sure even you haver done it before.

14 years 2 weeks ago #103 by Miss_Floss
I can understand why you are saying that I do feel really guilty about the whole thing and very childish. I have definitely learnt my lesson.

14 years 2 weeks ago - 14 years 2 weeks ago #99 by fifi
Some things just need nipping in the bud. And thats nothing compared to what could happen if she was caught posting things like that on the internet by her boss :)

14 years 2 weeks ago #98 by Twiki
I was thinkinh the same thing but that was a bit harsh what you said. No need to put it across in such harsh terms.

14 years 2 weeks ago #96 by welshy
I'm glad someone said what I was thinking! lol

14 years 2 weeks ago #94 by fifi
Im sorry to have to say it but you sound like a bit of an idiot actually and I feel sorry for your poor Clinician. The Dental Surgery is not a place for pathetic school playground games.

You've been given an opportunity to work in a professional environment and build a fantastic career. You need to learn how to be professional as there are important things depending on you such as cross infection control. It makes me wonder if you care more about messaging your mate that learning the importance of Cleanliness.

And as for insulting your colleague. Unfortunately I have found that dental environments have some of the bitchiest people I've ever known. And there is nothing worse than two giggly girls deharmonising a team of otherwise harmonious people trying to get on. You have to realise that Joy can report you to your manager and you can be disciplined for your slanderous comments.

I hope she finds this network because it's unprofessional nurses like you that give the rest of us hard working girls a bad name.

14 years 2 weeks ago #92 by Miss_Floss
I know...I felt truely awful after I did it. I was absolutely dreading coming in today, but Joy wasn't in, she had a bonus day. I asked anyone if she said anything about it but apparantly she hasn't even mentioned it. I think I'm going to go up to her on Monday and apologise, I think its the right thing to do :unsure: .

14 years 3 weeks ago #82 by Twiki
This is pretty funny stuff, i never had these problems when i started out never mind everything occuring in first week.
Just watch yourself incase joy decides to join the network
But keep up the hard work

14 years 3 weeks ago #81 by welshy
haha no offence but kinda serves you right lol :lol:

14 years 3 weeks ago #79 by Miss_Floss
Was sooo bored this afternoon, didn’t have any treatment booked so was just assisting with check-up after check-up. I was allowed on my own without another nurse to shadow for the first time as one of the receptionists was off sick and Joy was needed to cover.

Free from Joy’s watchful eye I spent the whole time instant messaging Jules. Our messages soon turned to our favourite topic: our colleagues. Jules does the funniest impression of Joy, it cracks me up every time. When she sent me a famous Joy quote I snorted with laughter, causing Rodger to turn around, eyebrows raised…

I hurriedly typed back “OMG LMFAO!! I don’t think I’ve ever seen Joy laugh once since I started here, or even smile…miserable cow!” Clicked on JW and sent. JW? JW?? SHIT! I’ve sent it to Joy instead of bloody CB - the surg Jules is working in. Shit shit shit.

Didn’t see Joy for the rest of the day and she didn’t reply. How am I going to handle this tomorrow?

Moderators: DNN

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New