Put with dentist no one wants to work with

6 years 4 months ago #8517 by zara123
Please speak up about it. I used to work as a dental nurse 15 years ago with a dentist that made my life miserable when I left I was so relieved and would never have gone back to that particular workplace, but now l want to go back into dental nursing and I feel very anxious because of this past situation. Please 'Hiltop' you need to speak to the manager because the dentist may not realise he is stressing you out.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 5 months ago #8503 by Ashleyy88
You should speak to the dentist first of all and tell him how you feel. If he doesn't take your concerns on board then go to your manager and request to be swapped with someone else or have a rota system so he has a different nurse. Let your manager know how he is making you feel and that you tried to speak to him. However, I would personally have a chat with the dentist myself and see if that improves anything. He may respect you for it. I've worked with difficult principles and hated it, now I am great friends with them.

6 years 5 months ago #8487 by Hilltop
Hi,
I'm beginning to feel really put out.
Around a year ago I was asked if I would work with a dentist nobody wanted to work with.
I said "yes". Because I can't say "no". This was because there had been a quarrel between the dentist and nurse.
Now it feels as if the dentist is taking his anxieties out on me.
He can be very picky as how things are done.
Nobody else will work with him, not even the head nurse.
This is beginning to make me feel miserable.
would I benefit more changing practices? I don't know. I feel really insecure.

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New