Colleague complaint

8 years 5 months ago #6947 by BrianRobinson80940
Hello guys! I know how is it to be a student in nursing field. I was a student but now I try to help all students with their any capstone nursing project or something else. You can easily ask me any question if you have! ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 5 months ago #6934 by BigVlittleb
I can relate..
I use to work in a practice that has left me with so many psycological scars its taking me long to recover.. Everyday something happens and im not exaggerating,, it was every single day..

I was going to say all you can do is tell management your side of the story and have a meeting. Its horrible i know, but theres no other way i can think of :sick: Or if things escelate you can contact a company called ACAS maybe?

But since its been a while this has been posted, how are things now?

שלום

8 years 7 months ago #6889 by becky83
This morning we had no dentists in so I set out doing some work that I had been told to do previously and set the other nurse with some work to do also. Our practice manager rang and gave us the task of making sure the surgeries were clean and re-stocked at about 9.30am. I carried on doing my work for a while and he rang again to check how we were getting on when I told him I hadn't started the new task yet as I was doing the other one and that I would start it soon as there was still plenty of time to get it done. I also said to him that not much of it actually needed doing as I had done it on Friday when I was cleaning as I stay behind for an extra hour every night to clean. After getting of the phone with him our receptionist told me that she was sick of me never doing what I am told and not pulling my weight! Bear in mind, only last week I covered reception and nursing whilst she was off due to a car accident. I told her that I would do the task I had been given in my own time and that I didn't need her bemoaning me as well as my manager. She took offence to this and has written a grievance letter about me to the manager.
What I want to know is where do I stand? This receptionist has no authority over me and it is up to our manager to nag us not our colleagues. I also don't appreciate being spoken to so rudely, especially when I know that if the situation were reversed it would be a completely different matter. Also, I did get all the work I was asked to do done
The following user(s) said Thank You: Figueiredo

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New