Disinfecting Lab work

8 years 7 months ago #6902 by maisydaisey
Thanks everyone :laugh:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 8 months ago #6842 by katbehan
Hi we use disinfectant spray especially for lab work we uses to have a disinfectant bath in our decor room but found a lot of nurses just forgot about them and the imps got ruined as they should only be left 10 mins, we now spray the, down immediately in surgery and leave to dry in a plastic box for s few minutes while writing up lab sheet.

8 years 8 months ago #6827 by kpage
We use Perform also, (one girl uses 1/2 pack), but I use a full packet and disinfect for 10 mins. Never been an issue at my practice. :-)

8 years 9 months ago #6819 by kittykat
We use Perform. Just one box which all outbound and inbound lab work is disinfected in for 10 mins.

8 years 9 months ago #6818 by sophomoreslump8
We use Unoguard disinfectant powder. We have two separate tubs that we make the solution up in every day. One tub is 'clean' i.e. jobs back from the lab that have not been in the patients mouth and the second tub is for impressions that have been taken or placed in the patients mouth.

After impressions are taken they are disinfected for 10 minutes and then rinsed.
When job come back from the lab they are disinfected in the 'clean' tub for ten minutes, rinsed and then placed on the patients tray.

8 years 9 months ago #6817 by Allison
We use denticlor tablets. We all have a plastic sandwich box and dissolve a quarter tablet in water. We have timers and immerse the lab work in the box for ten minutes from imps to every stage in between. The work goes in the box before and after going to lab and before and after going in pt mouth. Work is rinsed under running tap after immersion. This goes for all lab work ie dents crowns bridges retainers and so on. This "bath" is made up fresh every morning and lasts the full day.

8 years 9 months ago #6815 by maisydaisey
Recently completed a routine IPS audit and discovered that we have let disinfecting lab work before fitting slip through the net. We used to use Sterilox to spray all lab work but it doesn't seem to be getting done. I was curious as to what other practices use as we can't seem to agree on a protocol!

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New