Infection Control Lead

9 years 2 months ago #6490 by Jude1
Hi,
My personal opinion is this, everybody who is involved in decontamination is responsible for it.
However, "lead " is just a word that is required by CQC on documentation.
Your job description should tell you exactly what your role is and what you are responsible for.
The responsibility lies with everyone , I assume you have indemnity insurance, if not get in touch with BADN its a must and easy to set up.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 2 months ago #6482 by Ekw
Hi there

I'm the named health and safety nurse at my work so I assume we have similar responsibilities. What it means for me is all the check are done by me and any issues are flagged up, its my name on all risk assessments, action plans and usually me that will arrange work to be done (I'm the senior though) the rest of my team have the responsibility to check their working area daily but ultimately it will be assumed I'm on top of everything and if we have any failings my manager wants to know what I've recorded or why I've not noted something. Its good if you want the added role but you should ask exactly what is required of this lead role as you can't just be named on paper and not know what it is required of you. Hope this helps.

9 years 2 months ago #6481 by melb01
Hi everyone,

I'm just looking for some general advice on the topic of infection control lead. About a year and a half ago, when our practice CQC inspection was looming, my PM put my name down as infection control lead. I didn't think too much of it at the time but i have since heard that means you are responsible for what goes on in the decon room etc. I have asked my PM and boss to remove my name from the paperwork but they won't. What does this really all mean for me?

Thanks

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New