Dental Nurse and Hep B

10 years 3 months ago #5966 by JadeMarcellin
Hi

I had to have my hep B course twice and the second time I was immune however I did ask at the time what would happen if this course did not work and was advised by the nurse giving my vaccination that I could carry on dental nursing however I would need 6-12 monthly blood checks and to be as careful as possible when nursing.

Hope this helps!

x

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 3 months ago #5959 by Applin
Hi,
I am also a 'non responder' to the HEP B vaccine, even after 2 courses.
I was advised by occupational health to be careful, and try to avoid nursing with known hep b positive patients where possible!

10 years 3 months ago #5919 by Ekw
Hi Emma

I have never heard of anyone who wavered their immunity, I don't think that would be appropriate and I personally wouldn't want to work. Unprotected. I've had the course 2 times now as immunity disappeared after a few years. I think if it was one of my nurses I'd want advice from occupational health nurse if that's who you have contact with? It would be better to have all decisions and advice in writing so the practice has cover in case anything happens, I would assume until a proper decision and advice is reached she shouldn't nurse. It must be very frustrating for your nurse I hope it gets sorted.

10 years 3 months ago #5913 by emmasian86
Hi

We have a dental nurse who has recently failed her Hep B course, the blood tests said it hadn't taken. We have put her to start another course on the 20th but we are unsure of what to do if this course doesn't take. She said she would waver her right to immunity but I didn't think the vaccination was a choice?
Help please

Thanks Emma

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New