Interview " When I am off sick who is..."

13 years 9 months ago #701 by sofiameds08
hahaha

i cant even believe she asked that

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 10 months ago #506 by Vms118
I don't think it is unreasonable to ask about annual leave, it can be a great bartering tool to get the better employee's out there. Besides it is by no means true that all UK work places give just the national minimum.
Would you rather work for - Practice A. who pays £8.00 p/h, has sick pay and gives 30 days annual leave or Practice B. who pays £8.00 per hour, gives sick pay and gives the national minimum of 28 days annual leave?

But i totally agree on the sick days thing, how on earth can you expect to get a job by making it clear in an interview that you are assuming you'll need sick leave? lol :silly:

Besides some of us aren't lucky enough to be able to have sicckness even when we are sick - I have had to book 3 days annual leave for a minor operation I am having and even then I had to change the offered dates 4 times because we can only have 1 member of staff off at a time... :(

Victorus Aut Mortis.

13 years 10 months ago #505 by angel
We recently interviewed a dental nurse. She was very polite and highly qualified and has done almost all the post-qualifications. For some or other reason she was more interested in how many days holiday you get per year .... and as everyone knows it is 28 days.... but wait for the it the next questions to me and the dentist was ..... " When I am off sick who is going to cover me? "

Fellow dental nurses .... Do you think she got the postion? :dry: :unsure:

Moderators: DNN

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New