Episode 10: Under Pressure!

13 years 11 months ago #331 by stacey
gotta say ur posts always make me laugh! as a newly qualified nurse im still scared im gonna break something or cause a diaster!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 11 months ago #275 by Miss_Floss
:ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:
Had the scare of my life today!!!!!!

Got an IM this morning from my PM asking me if I could go down to the cellar at lunchtime with Jules so she can show me how to clean the compressors....

At lunch time I donned my apron, visor and gloves and made my way to the trapdoor by the watercooler. Jules and I made our way down the narrow winding staircase into what I can only descibe as a wierd dental cave...dark, dingy, dusty, spiders, perculiar smells, wetness (im not sure where from and didnt ask!) and old patient records and study models at every turn.

I was sneezing away due to the red brick dust which coated everything and my stomach was rumbling...I had had enough of being stuck in this hole and wanted to get started on my pasta salad (wholewheat pasta might I add...on a health drive at the mo so lovin the complex carbs :P ).

Anyway I half listened whilst Jules explained to me how to drain the compressors. I crouched down to do the first one which was as fiddly as hell, the handle was really stiff and was a right 'mare trying to turn that, balance a bucket to catch the fluid and trying to balance in a crouching position that meant I was not leaning on any surfaces as I was in peril from brickdust coverage from all angles. Eventually the water and crap spluttered out.Then on to the second one...

I got up when all of a sudden there was an almighty hissing...I turned around to see Jules legging it up the staircase...'its gonna blow!' she yelled. At this news I screamed and bolted out after her. OMG OMG OMG...Iv wrecked the compressors and Im gonna cause an explosion I thought to myself as I ran. In my haste I whacked my head on the edge of the hatch door...it hurt soo much I almost cried :(

When I emerged into the dazzeling day light, covered in dust and cobwebs, eyes watering, I was greeted by the faces of several dentists and staff who had heard the commotion. 'Iv broken the compressor' I squeaked, fighting back the tears...

'Youv just knocked out one on the tubes' called Valerie from the cellar after going down to check out the damage.
Phew.

What an ordeal... :ohmy:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: DNN

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New